Our focus is on web applications for the Java platform, but we also have extensive experience with Microsoft technologies.
Recent highlights include:
- Image library features for Tromis and Fenestratio.
- Mobile "skin" for Tromis. By detecting the nature of the client device, many pages of a traditional web application can be
made mobile-friendly by supressing the framing and context information surrounding the content specific to the current
- Automated snapshot download for Tromis. A Windows console application that can be scheduled to download the user
organization's latest data snapshot as an Access database.
- Tromis Barcode Delivery - a remote barcode terminal program for loading, shipping and storage to run on Symbol
Technologies terminals running PocketPC and Windows CE, interacting with Tromis via web services.
- A java middleware application for a telecommunications company to register toll free numbers with SMS. Technical highlights of this project were:
- An ASP.NET intranet for a small lighting manufacturer. Technical highlights of this project were:
- A Java extranet for self-serve dealer quoting. Technical highlights of this project were:
- two-way exchange of SOAP documents with the company's ASP.NET intranet via web services to sychronize product and quoting information.
- porting of Formulaic Manufacturing to Java
- production of the reports in PDF format via iText
- An ASP.NET application for a large machinery manufacturer to produce technical drawing books.
The books include the bills of material for all sub-assemblies of the product produced for a sale, along
with their blueprints or pictures. Technical highlights of this project were:
- production of documents in PDF format, with internal
links and a live table of contents, via iTextSharp open source tool
- data gathering from Baan DDC Servers, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server,
and IMAN through .NET Remote components
- some image manipulation via hp2xx and ghostscript tools
- background processing of drawing package requests on an uncoupled,
persistent, administrable, horizontally scalable, generic job queue
- reporting of all unexpected exceptions with user, request, and stack trace
information via email to a designated technical support person
- use of web services from request collection application to administer
job queue processing application
- An ASP.NET extranet meant to provide a searchable Sharepoint folder of information for internal sales reps to liaise between customers and suppliers. ie. If a customer expresses
a need, the sales rep can search the information in Sharepoint to see if an existing supplier's product satisfies that need. Technical highlights of this project were:
- production of the reports in PDF format via iTextSharp
- integration with Sharepoint 2001 via COM library
- conversion of uploaded images to iTextSharp-compatible format via
.NET imaging facilities
- scanning of uploaded images for viruses via command line scan
- LDAP/SSL integration